Infinite Campus Parent Portal Acceptable Use and Safety Policy
Grayson County Schools uses Infinite Campus for student information management. Infinite Campus has developed a parent portal tool to allow parents/guardians to view the records of their child(ren) via the Internet. Grayson County Schools will provide parents/guardians of currently enrolled students the privilege of free access to the Parent Portal. Only parents or guardians of students enrolled in the district will be allowed access to the Parent Portal. Grayson County Schools reserves the right to deny or cease access to the Parent Portal due to the abuse of the portal, court orders, or any other legal proceedings that limit the availability of private educational data.
Grayson County has opened the Parent Portal to enhance communication between the district and parents/guardians. Users of the Parent Portal will have access to the following information about their children:
Grayson County Schools reserves the right to add or remove any of the above functions from the Parent Portal at any time.
USE OF THE PARENT PORTAL
Access to the Parent Portal on the school district’s system is a privilege, not a right. By activating the parent portal account and accessing the parent portal with this account, you agree to the acceptable use policy.Users of the Parent Portal are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
· User will act in a responsible, legal, and ethical manner.
· User will not attempt to harm or destroy data, the school, or the district network.
· User will not attempt to access data or any other account owned by another user.
· User will not use the Parent Portal for any illegal activity, including violation of data privacy laws.
· Users who identify a security problem with the Parent Portal must notify the district’s Technology Department immediately without demonstrating the problem to someone else.
· Users will not share their password with anyone, including their own children.
· Users will not set their own computer to automatically login to the Parent Portal.
· Users identified as a security risk to the Parent Portal or the Grayson County network will be denied access to the Parent Portal.
Anyone found to be in violation of these laws may by subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
How to access Infinite Campus Parent Portal
To access Grayson County Schools Infinite Campus Parent Portal, go to http://www.graysoncountyschools.com click on Parents & Students and then the Infinite Campus Parent Portal link.
DATA INTERPRETATION INSTRUCTIONS
The data you will see in the Parent Portal is extracted from the Infinite Campus Student Information System. Each area of data is updated on different schedules. Please review the following to become familiar with the Parent Portal data expectations.
AT THE START OF THE SCHOOL YEAR….
The beginning of a new school year is a very busy time for teachers, secretaries and administrators. Staff will need time to update student information and complete scheduling and grading setup. Given this information, the parent portal registration process may be delayed. In addition, grading information in the parent portal could also be delayed until enrollments are final and staff has had the opportunity to prepare grading formats.
Concerns about the data you find on the portal should be addressed to the secretary or principal in your child’s building.
To Access The Parent Portal:
Complete “Parent Portal Online Request Form”. Submit.
GUID number (Activation Key) will be available at your child’s school
First time using Campus Portal?
If you have been assigned a Campus Portal Activation Key, click here
Enter Activation key which is your GUID number
Make up a user name such as smcintosh
Make up a password using at least 8 characters, which must include letters and at least one number. Such as mcintosh1
Enter the password again
Click on Create Account